- Racial Equity Resources for Philanthropy by The Philanthropic Initiative
- League of American Orchestras: Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Resource Center
- Inclusive Language Guide
- Equity vs. Equality and Other Racial Justice Definitions by The Annie E. Casey Foundation
- LGBTQ+ Elder Health Care Guide
- Building Equity Into Your Foundation’s DNA by Exponent Philanthropy
- Continuum on Becoming an Anti-Racist Multicultural Organization by Crossroads Ministry, Chicago. Adapted from original concept by Bailey Jackson and Rita Hardiman
- Ageism Fact Sheet, compiled by the Ageism Culture and Advisory Council
- What’s the Difference Between Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion by Meg Bolger
- Top Five Things Leaders Need To Understand About Race Equality Right Now by Carmen Morris
- White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack by Peggy McIntosh
- Hope Is Not a Strategy for Change by Marcus Walton
- The Dangerous Impact of Racial Trauma on the Black Community Forbes
- The Impact of Unconscious Bias in Healthcare: How to Recognize and Mitigate it. Publication Date: August 20, 2019.
- African American Older Adults and Race-Related Stress: How Aging and Health-Care Providers Can Help. Publication Date: December, 2018
- At Madison’s Montpelier, A Fight over Power for Slave’s Descendants: Publication Date: April 22, 2022
- City of Philadelphia Releases First Annual DEI Plans to Measure and Improve Diversity in City Government: Publication Date: April 25, 2023
- The DEI Industry Needs to Check its Privilege: Publication Date: May 31, 2023
- A New Black American Dream: Publication Date: April 1, 2018
- ‘He Had Life Before Death’: Remembering Emmet Till for the Child He Was: Publication Date: July 24, 2021
- Video: This Insanity is Contagious: Publication Date: May 27, 2020
- What if There’s No Such Thing as Closure? Publication Date: December 15, 2021
- Why Diversity Matters: Publication Date: February, 2023
- The Sum of Us: What Racism Costs Everyone and How We Can Prosper Together by Heather McGhee. Publication Date: February 16, 2021. ASIN – B0871KZQ3G.
- The Condemnation of Blackness by Khalil Muhammad. Publication Date: July 22, 2019. ISBN-10 0674238141, ISBN-13 978-0674238145.
- The Man Who Lived Underground by Richard Wright. Publication Date: April 20, 2021. ISBN-10 1598536761, ISBN-13 978-1598536768
- Wayward Lives, Beautiful Experiments by Saidiya Hartman. Publication Date: January 14, 2020.ISBN-10 0393357627, ISBN-13 978-0393357622
- Afropessimism by Frank B. Wilderson III. Publication Date: April 7, 2020. ISBN-10 163149614X, ISBN-13 978-1631496141.
- The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America’s Great Migration by Isabel Wilkerson. Publication Date: October 4, 2011. ISBN-10 0679763880, ISBN-13 978-0679763888.
- How to Be an Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi. Publication Date: August 13, 2020. ISBN 9780525509288.
- Caste by Isabel Wilkerson. Publication Date: August, 2020. ISBN-10: 0593230256, ISBN-13: 978-0593230251
- The Chinese in America – Iris Chang
- Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI – David Gran
- How the Word is Passed: A Reckoning with the History of Slavery Across the Americas – Clint Smith
- The Last White Man: A Novel – Moshin Hamid
- Lose Your Mother – Saidya Hartman
- The Love Songs of W.E.B. DuBois by Honoree Fanonne Jeffers
- Jackal – Erin E. Adams
- Episode 7: The Connection Between Racism and Accelerated Aging. Publication Date: February 28, 2020.
- How to Foster true diversity and inclusion at work and in your community
- The US Needs a radical revolution of values
- 13th This is a 2016 American documentary film by director Ava DuVernay. The film explores the intersection of race, justice and incarceration in he United States and is titled after the Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, adopted in 1865, which abolished slavery throughout the United States.
- PBS Film Susan La Flesche Picotte: The First American Indian Doctor Susan La Flesche Picotte (1865-1915) grew up on the Omaha Reservation in Nebraska at a time when the U.S. government was forcing American Indian tribes onto reservations and mandating their assimilation into white society. Picotte graduated from Woman’s Medical College of Pennsylvania in 1889 and overcame racial and gender inequality and became the first American Indian female physician. She spent her career making house calls on foot and horse-drawn buggy across its 1,350 square miles. Picotte was a community leader, working tirelessly for her tribe to combat the theft of American Indian land and public health crises including the spread of tuberculosis and alcoholism. In 1913, Picotte fulfilled her lifelong dream of founding a hospital on the Omaha reservation.
- Americans In The Spanish Civil War Posted May 29 2019 Americans in the Spanish Civil War Part 1 Americans in the Spanish Civil War Part 2 International volunteers rushed to Spain in 1936 after General Francisco Franco led a military coup against the Spanish Republic. Adam Hochschild, author of Spain In Our Hearts, brings to life remarkable characters in this bloody and bitter conflict that consumed Spain for 3 years. 80 years ago this spring the conflict ended, leaving the country under three decades of military dictatorship.
- American Society on Aging: A national membership organization for professionals working in aging.
- Justice on Aging: A national legal advocacy nonprofit that fights senior poverty through law.
- Urban Affairs Coalition: A Philadelphia-based nonprofit provider and connector that improve opportunities for low-income households, working-families, and community businesses.
- Circle of Friends® (for English, click on translate button in top right-hand corner)
- Twitter: @JanssonAnu; Finnish Association for the Welfare of Older people
- Circle of Friends® is #Ystäväpiiri, and we also use #loneliness and
- Gateway Geriatric Education Center
- AARP: Connect2Affect Self-Assessment: https://connect2affect.org/
- SAGE: SAGEConnect, volunteers matched with LGBT older adult for weekly calls:
- Social Networking sites:
Stitch—social networking for people over 50: https://connect2affect.org/;
Talk Space—mobile therapy: www.talkspace.com;
Betterhelp—online therapy: www.betterhelp.com;
Uniper—live, interactive, and recorded opportunities to engage:
References Available Upon Request
- Upcoming Events:
34th Annual Summer Geriatric Institute: A Hybrid Event
June 12-13 2023
(includes Circle of Friends training)